“What problem do I want to work on to better manage my asthma?”
Examples of Asthma Problems or Concerns
- I have a problem with my diagnosis of asthma: Do I really have asthma?
- I feel chest tightness and/or wheeze whenever I cook, vacuum, or dust.
- I wheeze when exercising or dancing.
- My asthma symptoms get worse before or during my menstrual period.
- I have concerns about taking asthma medication when I don’t have symptoms.
- I am embarrassed to take asthma medication at my work place when people are around.
- I have concerns about side effects of asthma medication.
- I have trouble taking asthma medication when I am traveling.
- I cannot give up my pets although I know I am allergic to them.
- Smoke may trigger my symptoms, and I live with someone who smokes. I’m afraid to tell them because I don’t want to hurt their feelings.
← Return to Session 1